A hot starter or served
as a light lunchwith salad.
||Market for 6 persons
- 600 g. aubergines
- 4 large eggs 20 cl fresh single cream
- 3 tablespoons of oil
- 100 g. flour
- 4 garlic cloves, parsley, salt, pepper, nutmeg
- big red pepper
- 4 good sized tomatoes, oil, salt, sugar
- Peel and chop the aubergines with the garlic and parsley, season.
- Beat the eggs, oil and fresh cream together, stir in the flour, salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add the raw aubergines to this mixture and bake in a 'tian' (oven dish or a tart tin ). Cook for 35 mins at 230°c
- Meanwhile, prepare the sauce:
- Cut the pepper into thick slices and brown in a frying pan with a little oil.
- Peel, seed and cut into small pieces the tomatoes.
- Cook for 10 mins only to preserve the taste of fresh tomatoes.
- Liquidize the tomatoes and pepper together.
- Serve the tian hot and the sauce cold.