With the Mont Faron(542m,) in the background, and opening out onto a magnificient arbour designed by Mother Nature, Toulon is a city of contrast :
- Its old picturesque city of ancient fountains and a colorful daily market with the smells and sounds typical of Provence.
- Its large military port, which is the French Navy's war port for all of the Mediterranean, is also a marina for private boats, and the embarkation for Corsica and Sardinia.
- Morillon, an area just minutes from the city center has 20ha, of well equipped beaches where all water sports are available.
Because of its size Toulon can offer a complete choice of activities:
- Music festivals,
- the contempory art museum,
- the naval museum,
- the dance festival at Châteauvallon,
- the Zenith concert hall seating 8,500
- the Palais des Congrès...